Code obfuscation is a set of transformations that preserve the code functionality while making the internals difficult to reverse-engineer. Obfuscation can be used to protect email addresses (i.e. email obfuscation), HTML code (i.e. html obfuscation), plain text, etc. One of the main reasons to use obfuscation is to hide some content from search engines, email harvesting software, and/or unwanted eyes.
Enter text to be obfuscated in the box below. Examples are:
- <a href="mailto:email@example.com">Send me an email </a>
- <a href="http://www.google.com">Hidden link</a>
- <div><i>A text string </i></div>
- Any text string—most foreign languages supported via Unicode UTF-8
- For non-English web pages, make sure to specify Unicode UTF-8 as web page encoding. Insert the following meta tag right after <head> tag:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
- Copy and paste obfuscated text from the box below into your HTML code:
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the tools or our site in general.
Back to Online Tools